France-Tanzania Business Forum Powerpoint Presentations
The first edition of the France-Tanzania Business Forum dubbed “Semaine de la France” took place from the 3rd to the 6th of April 2017 at the National Museum in Dar es Salaam.
The four-day “Semaine de la France” Forum was inaugurated by the Ambassador of France to Tanzania H.E. Malika Berak and the guest of honour, Vice-President of the United Republic of Tanzania H.E. Samia Suluhu Hassan.
After the inauguration, H.E Samia Suluhu Hassan, Vice-President of the United Republic of Tanzania, Dr Reginald Mengi, Chairman of the Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF) and invited guests made a tour to see the contemporary French Architecture exhibition under the direction of the Secretary General of the Architecture France (AFEX).
About 500 participants from private and public sectors attended various workshops on Energy including renewable energy, transport, information communication technologies (ICT) and capacity building throughout the week. In addition, a high level debate on French architecture, a live DJ concert, a wine testing workshop as well as virtual reality headset experience were available to participants as cultural side events.
Around 50 French companies heard from the Tanzanian economic development stakeholders their vision and strategy, and shared with them their experience and expertise in Africa. This event constituted a solid dialogue platform for the benefit of Tanzania development, and also permitted French and Tanzanian companies to explore potential business opportunities in the country.
The participants of the forum welcomed warmly the initiative and encouraged French companies to invest in Tanzania.
The Business Forum achieved its goal of strengthening the bilateral cooperation based on mutual partnership and friendship.
Directory of Partner Companies
5th of April
- Roundtable on AFD - Presentations by the French Development Agency (AFD) :
- Roundtable on Capacity-Building - Presentations by the French Agency for Professional Training (AFPA):
- Workshop on Renewable Energies - Presentation by Corexsolar, Electricité de Mayotte, Entreprise of Mayotte for Construction and Adduction, Engie, Enviroearth, French EnR Coordinator, General Electric, Quadran, Sagemcom, Vergnet (in order of appearence):
- Workshop on Transport - Presentations by Airbus, Alstom, Bolloré, JC Decaux, Sogea-Satom, Systra (in order of appearence):
- Workshop on Logistic Offer in Tanzania (Import-Export) - Presentations by AGS, Bolloré, CMA-CGM (in order of appearence):
6th of April
- Workshop on Major Investments (Energy) - Presentations by Bouygues, ENGIE, Siemens, GE (in order of appearence):